Happy fall y'all! I feel confident saying that now that our temperatures in Tampa have dropped below 90 degrees this week. We've been hitting record highs, but the past couple days have been beautiful with so much less humidity. In the early morning and evening, it finally feels like the season is shifting. So of course, I'm pulling out my booties, scarves and suede.
Rompers are often associated with the summer months. However, there are plenty of ways to still rock the romper in fall. In fact, I think it's the perfect transitional piece -- especially if you're a Florida girl like myself.
When I found this romper, I knew it would be a great piece for this time of year. You know I'm all about olive green -- especially during this season.
Here are a few tips when shopping and styling a romper for fall:
1) Look for fall prints. For instance, plaid is a huge trend this season as well as animal print. If you want a more classic look, go with darker florals or stripes.
2) Opt for colors in olive green, navy or maroon. These darker hues scream fall.
3) Select rompers with statement sleeves. Not only will they keep you warmer, but they're super fun and flirty!
4) Add a felt floppy hat to elevate your look. It will be chic, but also help with sun protection if you're out and about during the day.
5) Layer with a suede or jean jacket for when those temps drop at night.
6) Pair with neutral booties. A heeled bootie in a nude or neutral color will elongate your legs. Yaaas girl, legs for days!
7) The right fit is key. I often advise choosing a romper that has a drawstring or pulls in at the waist in order to define your shape. You can also add a belt to create some dimension at the waist.
Are there any questions you have about styling other fall trends? I always love hearing from you so don't be shy.
If you like the sunnies I'm wearing in the photo above, they're from DIFF Eyewear in style Nova (gold). DIFF eyewear has a selection of gorgeous sunglasses. Plus, you can get $25 off with my code OLSTACEY25.